Report Missing Animals by Veantha Naidoo
With the Festival of lights coming to an end many animals however, have been reported missing due to loud bangs.
Communications Officer of the Durban and Coast SPCA , Lindsay Concer said ,“So far we have five dogs and one cat in our kennels that were found. We urge individuals to bring these pets in as we are hoping to find their owners if possible”.
Concer added “We are expecting more animals to come in during the next two weeks as this is the trend that usually happens over this period”.
What to do if you lose your pet
- It is important to contact local animal shelters. An individual can also file a lost pet report with an animal shelter like the SPCA.
- Searching the neighborhood that you live in.
- A person can also walk or drive through your neighborhood several times each day.
- It is important to also ask neighbors and delivery people if they have seen your pet.
- It is advised to also hand out a recent photograph of your pet and information on how you can be reached if your pet is found.
For any queries or further information, kindly contact the Durban and Coast SPCA on 031 579 6500.