- 60ml (1/4 cup) of milk
- 500g of gram flour
- 2 teaspoons of elachi powder
- 250g chopped oven roasted almonds
- 500ml (2 cups) of ghee
- 500ml of icing sugar
- 250ml full cream milk powder [klim powder milk]
- Additonal chopped coloured almonds for decorating (colour almonds by tossing it in your choice of food colour)
1. Boil together 2 teaspoons of ghee and milk in a pot on the stove.
2. Pour the mixture into a large bowl containing gram flour. Mix well until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Add the mixture into a food processor for a smoother textured consistency.
4. Remove the mixture and cook in a pot with the remainder of the ghee for approximately 40 minutes on moderate heat. Stir the mixture constantly until it turns golden brown in colour.
5. Remove from the stove top and add in the roasted almonds. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
6. Add in the klim, elachi,and icing sugar.
7. Mix well and allow to set in a flat casserole pan or dish.
8. Decorate the top with coloured almonds.